2012年6月22日星期五

[Daily Chat]Popular Toys in the 1920s - Yo Yo


I recently had a crush on action figures, however, when I was young and could not afford such an expensive item. I would choose to play other much cheaper toys, for example: Yo - Yo.
I have done some research and wrote it down here. Yo - Yo could date back to nearly 500 B.C., however, it didn't find its mainstream success until the late 1920s.
Talking of its success, we could not ignore one very important person: Pedro Flores, a U.S. immigrant, who ignited an international craze when he was young.Flores founded the Yo-Yo Manufacturing Company in 1928 while working as a bellboy.
And after selling handmade yo-yos to children around Los Angeles, he was able to secure financing to open a factory.
In less than a year, the company was producing 300,000 yo-yos a day, and Flores' "Wonder Toy" achieved craze status in the U.S., with yo-yo contests poping up all over the country.
It is one of the cheap toys that I could afford when I was young. Have you guys ever played it? We could talk here.
P.S: Action figure is the hobby for me at the moment.

没有评论:

发表评论